(a) A person commits domestic battery pack if they knowingly without appropriate reason at all: (1) causes bodily injury to any household or home user; (2) makes real contact of an insulting or provoking nature with any family members or home member.
“Family or household members” consist of partners, previous partners, moms and dads, kiddies, stepchildren, as well as other people associated by blood or by current or previous marriage, individuals who share or previously provided a standard dwelling, individuals who’ve or allegedly have actually a young child in keeping, individuals who share or presumably share a bloodstream relationship through a young child, individuals that have or experienced a relationship or engagement relationship, individuals with disabilities and their personal assistants, and caregivers as defined in area 12-4.4a for this Code. For purposes for this Article, neither an informal acquaintanceship nor ordinary fraternization between 2 people running a business or social contexts will be considered to constitute a dating relationship.
Stalking, 720 ILCS 5/12-7.3
(a) A person commits stalking when he or she knowingly engages in a training course of conduct fond of a certain individual, in which he or she understands or should be aware of that this course of conduct would cause an acceptable individual to: free sex webcams (1) fear with regards to safety or even the security of a 3rd individual; or (2) suffer other distress that is emotional.
(a-3) A person commits stalking as he or she, knowingly and without legal reason, on at the very least 2 split occasions follows someone else or puts the person under surveillance or any combination thereof and: (1) at any moment transmits a risk of immediate or future physical damage, intimate attack, confinement or discipline therefore the risk is directed towards see your face or a relative of that individual; or (2) puts that person in reasonable apprehension of immediate or future physical damage, intimate assault, confinement or restraint to or of the individual or a relative of the individual.
(a-5) A person commits stalking as he or she’s got formerly been convicted of stalking someone else and knowingly and without legal reason on a single occasion: (1) follows that exact same person or locations where same person under surveillance; and (2) transmits a danger of immediate or future physical damage, intimate attack, confinement or discipline to this person or a relative of that individual.
For purposes for this part:
(1) “span of conduct” means 2 or maybe more functions, including although not limited by functions by which a defendant directly, indirectly, or through 3rd events, by any action, technique, unit, or means follows, monitors, observes, surveils, threatens, or communicates to or around, an individual, partcipates in other non-consensual contact, or interferes with or damages an individual’s home or animal. A training course of conduct may consist of contact via electronic communications.
(2) “Electronic interaction” means any transfer of indications, signals, writings, noises, information, or cleverness of any nature sent in entire or perhaps in component by a cable, radio, electromagnetic, photoelectric, or photo-optical system. “Electronic interaction” includes transmissions by a pc over the internet to some other computer.
(3) “Emotional distress” means significant psychological suffering, anxiety or security.
(4) “Family member” means a parent, grandparent, bro, sibling, or youngster, whether by entire blood, half-blood, or use and features a step-grandparent, step-parent, step-brother, step-sister or step-child. “Family member” does mean virtually any individual who frequently resides into the home, or whom, in the previous six months, frequently resided in the household.
(5) “Follows another person” means (i) to go in general proximity to an individual as see your face moves from location to place or (ii) to keep in general proximity to someone who is fixed or whose motions are restricted to an area that is small. “Follows another individual” will not come with an after inside the residence of this defendant.
(6) “Non-consensual contact” means any connection with the target this is certainly initiated or proceeded without having the target’s permission, including although not limited by being within the physical presence for the target; showing up in the sight regarding the target; approaching or confronting the victim in a general general public place or on personal home; showing up during the workplace or residence for the target; entering onto or staying in property owned, leased, or occupied by the target; or putting an object on, or delivering an item to, home owned, leased, or occupied by the target.
(7) “Places a person under surveillance” means: (1) staying present away from man or woman’s college, job, automobile, other spot occupied by anyone, or residence apart from the residence for the defendant; or (2) placing a tracking that is electronic on anyone or the man or woman’s home.